First aid training
The care given before emergency medical help arrives can literally mean the difference between life and death, but knowing the correct thing to do at the right time is very important. First aid training is often mandatory for certain employees in the work place, but unlike other types of safety training, the skills learnt in first aid courses are also applicable to an individual’s daily life. Let’s face it, accidents or incidents can happen anywhere and at anytime.
This is why
This is why Red Cross St. Maarten teaches its first aid and other community courses in easy to follow steps, empowering individuals to manage life’s acute emergencies. Our instructors are all recognized licensed instructors, and our courses meet the latest international guidelines.
What type of training?
If you are not sure what type of training you or your organization might need, then simply call our office and we will help you in determining the course that is right for your organization.
Where does your registration fee go?
You might be questioning where your registration fee goes when you take a Red Cross course, well although Red Cross is known for its quality training’s, we are first and foremost a charitable organization. Income derived from our courses helps to support the delivery of our community service projects/programs.
• Basic Life Support – learn the skills to recognize and manage first aid emergencies, includes CPR & AED
• First Aid – learn how to respond to common first aid emergencies
• Hands on CPR – learn how to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies in adults
• AED – learn how to use an automated external defibrillator in cardiac emergencies
• CPR for infant, child & Adult – learn how to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies in infants, children and adults.
• Emergency Medical Response – a comprehensive training designed for today’s professional first responder. Designed to prepare you for a more advanced emergency care.
Community classes offered
• Managing Hypertension and Diabetes - learn the necessary skills to recognize signs and symptoms of these medical conditions.
• Preventing diseases – learn about health screenings, infection control & practices, HIV control and prevention, STD’s and other communicable diseases.
All courses includes exam and materials.